Friday, January 29, 2010

Deep conversations with an almost 2 year old



T and I had some snuggle time with books this morning. I thought that it might be a good time to let her in on the fact that mommy would be going on a long trip (seeing as how the trip is only 1 week away). I have held off on telling her because I didn’t want to tell her too much or tell her too soon. She is only 21 months old, after all. She wanted to look at her picture book and there was a picture of an airplane on one of the pages. Perfect!

Me (pointing to the airplane): What is that, T?

T: A ferry boat!

Me: No, silly . . . that’s an airplane!

T: Oh yeah! Funny airplane!

Me: Mommy is going to go on an airplane pretty soon.

T: I wanna come with you.

Me: Well, just mommy is going this time. Mommy is going on a big trip, but Auntie Amy will stay and play with you – okay?

T: I wanna see Auntie Amy.

Me: You will get to see Auntie Amy LOTS while Mommy is bye- bye. Okay?

T: Otay . . . I want some oatmeal.

I tried. ☺

I am going to miss this little princess SO much!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! We'll be praying for your kiddos while you are loving on those sweet babes a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! Love the photo of our little TaeTae! She'll miss her mommy but is in great hands with Auntie Amy. I'm looking forward to playing with her and loving on her next Sunday. You'll touch the hearts of many in Ethiopia and here in the states by following your heart. Your family will do fine when you're gone, but of course will be thrilled when you come home! What a great example you're setting for all your children. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete